· Maintain trading operations system integrity for our global Credit trading business
· Control the risk management environment to ensure accurate P&L and risk measures are available in real-time for our trading desk
· Perform numerous control reconciliations to verify trading positions are accurate through front office to middle office recs, middle office to back office recs including EOD checkouts and P&L signoff
· Investigate and provide solutions to various queries from settlements and confirmations, collateral and credit disputes
· Production of Management Statistics, including but not limited to Key Performance and Key Control Indicators
· Complete operations projects and ad hoc requests to satisfy new initiatives and operations/technology enhancements
· Proactive in identifying issues/gaps and opportunities for new process improvements, taking appropriate actions to deliver simple and innovative solutions that improve the way we do business
Education & Experience
· BA or BS degree required (Finance or Business degree).
· Previous experience in Finance industry (Ops roles) desired.
· Proficiency with the trading environment, risk management systems, performing critical operations controls is a plus/desirable.
· Control oriented with a focus on efficiency and process improvement.
· Quick learner with a strong sense to question and understand all details behind the processes and numbers.
· Independent/analytical thinker who can quickly assimilate situations through to the associated risks, business or control issues.
Skills & Knowledge
· Works well under pressure leveraging their initiative to fully develop their role
· Basic understanding of Market products and derivatives is required
· Problem solver, proactive and able to work independently
· Strong analytical and quantitative aptitude, very detail oriented
· Operations and control mindset, strong ability to prioritize and deliver quality work using time management skills
· Highly organized and self-motivated, enthusiastic attitude